Friday, July 13, 2007
Friday Goodness
Goodness is the sense of satisfaction that comes when a story is finally out of your system - when the characters have stopped whispering in your head, when they finally go and take with them the nagging sense of things left unfinished, of worlds left half-built and lives left lingering in limbo.

I've recently been reworking an old piece, not entirely sure why, but once I decided to dredge it up from my archives, it began to haunt me. The woman rattled around in my brain until I finally fleshed her out sufficiently. I'm not convinced that the story is complete (yet) - but at least a draft is done and I slept last night without listening to her, at last.

What I should be dealing with more actively is Grace - the character who has been a constant in my life for nearly five years now. Time to just finish things, even a first draft completed should be enough to buy me a night or two of restful, wonderful, blissfully deep sleep.

If you're interested in playing a little "it's Friday and I don't want to work" hooky, check out the recently finished (at long last) story by my oh-so-talented friend/writer/hot-mama,
Novice. She has been sharing bits and pieces of this story for the past year, and finally put it to rest earlier this week. It's beautifully rendered - I read it and was left scratching my head, trying to think of what it reminded me of, until my sister (who very often does) knew at once, Arsenic and Old Lace.

(For access to the link to my story, feel free to send me an email...)

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've missed Grace.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer