Friday, June 22, 2007
Fair Enough...
Per Trapped in Colorado's suggestion, here are some pictures from my high school year book.

First, the "official" portrait. Professionally done, not too shabby. Also not representative of how I looked most of the time:


Here I am, in the courtyard with the rest of my graduating class:

And, standing proudly with my hand on the Red Shovel. My superlative was The Red Shovel Award - for being the best at slinging BS. (Mom was so proud.)


And finally, in the cafeteria. Note the smile previously mentioned (and my nervous composure.)

And, here we are this morning. Snapped about ten minutes ago - sans shower, the only make-up is residual from the day before (yes, I'm terrible and lazy and fall into bed without any ceremonious ritual of face washing. Something I would have *never* done in high school - heaven forbid!) I'm not saying it's perfect, I'm just saying it's better.

(Probably more pictures to come later. Five years ago at this very moment I was exchanging vows with my husband. I pulled on the dress an hour ago and it fit - so I think I'm going to gussy-up and take some pictures later. Who knows if it'll still fit in another five years...)

Labels: , ,



10 Comments:

Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

That was fun! Wow! Will they recognize you? You have softened into a remarkably lovely lady. Congrats on your 5th anniversary!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a natural beauty Mella.

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mella, you were a very cute high school kid and a VERY pretty young woman!


Congrats to both of you on your 5th.anniversary!


Junie

Blogger Zhoen said...

You are lovely right now. Then, you looked a bit undercooked.

Blogger Skye said...

Yes, you have gone from cute to beautiful. Everyone should be impressed!

Happy Anniversary! I hope I can still fit into MY wedding dress in five years' time!

Blogger Udge said...

Zhoen said it well; you've matured into a real beauty.

Blogger Novice said...

Oh, Mella, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

And yes...you were a cutie then...now you're a knockout.

Blogger Mella said...

Thank you everyone. I think Zhoen hit it spot on - I was undercooked.

Blogger LJ said...

Undercooked. Exactly.
The face that hasn't quite been inhabited yet. Sweet and charming. Now you're beautiful and will become more so as the inside shines out.

Blogger Eugene Jackson said...

You are living proof that somethings get better with age.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer