Friday, February 02, 2007
Update on my Musical Quest
Have downloaded an obscene amount of music in the past 48 hours - and am currently working through listening to it all. Thanks to everyone for the most excellent suggestions.

New stuff that I'm loving, thanks to suggestions:
Kt Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope
The Weepies - Say I Am You
The Trashcan Sinatras - Weightlifting (found via The Weepies suggestion, as a "similar" artist)
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Jack Johnson - (Multiple albums)
Tara Mclean - Passenger

And...that's just the beginning... more of your suggestions to look into. Again, much appreciated.

(We've still got 24 gigs to fill, so if you haven't left a suggestion yet, please do!)


7 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

Isn't Tara McLean the best ever? I have seen her in concert a couple times back when I was in college. She was still a smaller artist and I even saw her play one night in a tiny coffee shop down in San Diego. Those are some great memories. I'm glad you got her music and will get to enjoy it as well.

Blogger Zhoen said...

Joan Osborn. Sam Phillips.

Blogger Francis au Japon said...

Sufjan Stevens....

Blogger Kathy said...

Corinne Bailey Rae - self titled album.

Blogger Julie said...

The gray's anatomy soundtracks are both full of some great sounds, haven't had time to check out the full albums for those artists. I meant to post a few days ago and see you've already scored my favorites (KT and Jack Johnson). I also love Aimee Mann, Jann Arden, Norah Jones, and some of Say Hi To Your Mom.

Some oldies but goodies, I'm nuts for Anita O'Day (Compact Jazz is a great album) and Etta James (the "At Last" album). And I know you said no country, but if you're willing to tolerate bluegrass I love Alison Krauss.

Blogger redaly said...

My absolute all time favorite is Cesaria Evora (Best of Cesaria Evora is an excellent album)--she's a Cape Verdean singer, with beautiful French and Portuguese lyrics.

If you like jazzy, along with Etta James and Norah Jones I'd look into Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday, and Ella Fitzgerald. A bit older but still kind of jazzy (and/or swing-y) are Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters.

And I like Black 47, but not everyone is into Irish/Irish-American protest rock!

Blogger Mella said...

Oh my goodness...so much more to look into. Thank you all again!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer