Monday, September 18, 2006
Mindless Monday
It's amazing the things that filter through an awake mind at two and three in the morning. I laid last night, watching a montage of minutia spread itself over the length of my minds eye, as I waited (and waited and waited) for sleep to come and take me away.

My husband works in the hospitality industry and while he loves his job and is quite good at it, his climbing of the ladder has left him as the one whose phone rings at 10 pm because the overnight auditor can't come in. And so, after thirty minutes of calling around and searching for resolutions that didn't involve him covering the shift himself, it became clear that there were no other options.

Being that I'm a blubbering -hormonal-preggo-scaredy-cat, I broke down in tears as he got dressed to leave me at 11 o'clock to cover the stupid abandoned shift. Because he's a sweetheart, he asked if I wanted to go with him, even though it entailed packing up our 21 month old and him getting to the hotel later than he'd planned.

Long story short: Husband wound up working the entire shift while The Boss and I spent a rather sleepless night in a hotel room of our own. My son slept a little, as I watched, laying precariously close to the edge of the bed, unable to move for fear of disturbing the delicately sleeping babe, (who woke this morning at five and decided that the day was anew and time was a-wastin'.)

It's now past noon and I'm spent, sitting at the desk of my one-day a week job, typing this rather than working on 'work.' And I'm getting remarkably irritated by the most random minutia, like how the woman at the reception desk said Libary, as opposed to Library - or how the poppy seed bagel I had this morning tricked me into thinking it was just as harmless as any normal un-schmeared bagel, until I went to Dunkin' Donut's online to look up the nutrition facts and discover that it actually contains seven grams of fat on it's own!

You see the lengths I go to for the sake of procrastination? Not only do I look up the nutritional information of my breakfast, but I take the time to write an entire post about it here. For shame.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

You're not the only one: I reluctantly looked up the nutritional info of my favorite DD breakfast sandwich and oh my gawd...it was NOT good news!

You're going to be fine, honey bun.
xo

Blogger Zhoen said...

It's not funny, but I am chortling.

Blogger LJ said...

You're just tired, honey. And there's the hormone stew, as well. Nothing a little sleep and the babes going off to school won't cure.

Blogger Mella said...

Teri I think the new rule for me is to not look up nutritional information on foods that I enjoy while pregnant. Post-partum is a whole other story though...

Zhoen Oh, it's funny. A little sad, but funny.

LJ What's this? Babes going off to school? Oh it sounds so dreamy right about now (says the woman who will surely be sobbing when her first child boards the bus to kindergarten)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer