Friday, August 18, 2006
Ago (Meme)
Found this at One Word while wading through a weeksworth of online reading. And, since I love me a good Meme (especially while "on the clock") I thought I'd do it myself.

10 years ago
I was starting my senior year of high school. I fall into the category of people who do not consider high school to be the highlight of their life. Wouldn't go back if I could. The thought alone makes me shudder.

5 years ago
Graduated from college and began working in the school's Alumni/ae Department. My introduction to the 9 to 5 world of florescent lighting and office coffee (swill), chatter (gossip) and politics (turnover's galore) Again, wouldn't go back if I could.

1 year ago
We were given an offer on our condo and began the process of packing up our first home to move in with my parents "only for a few months..." Famous last words.

5 songs I know all the words to
(I've changed this to be five albums that I know all of the words to. Back when I listened to music more often - re: college - I listened to entire albums repeatedly, memorizing them in the process.)
Fashion Nugget - Cake
Galore - The Cure
Surfacing - Sarah McLachlan
No Angel - Dido
Everyone Else is Doing it, So Why Can't We - The Cranberries

Also, my brain is a vault of various hymns, oldies, showtunes and (more recently collected,) songs from children's television shows.

5 snacks
Hummus
Bread
Apple butter-chocolate chip cookies
Lowfat ice cream/yogurt
Berries (blueberries and strawberries especially)

5 things I'd do with $100 million dollars
Travel
Buy a big old farmhouse
Pay off Sallie Mae
Help people
Sip coffee and write all day long (inspired, of course, by the landscape surrounding my beautiful farmhouse.)

5 places I'd run away to
Sighisoara
Squam Lake
Coffee Break Cafe

The English countryside
A secluded beach town...

5 things I'd never wear
A parachute (My fear of heights and I have no intention of ever needing one.)

Shoes that cost more than $100/pair (I almost said $50)
A thong peeking out from the top of my jeans. (So glad this trend is fading)
A string bikini (far too modest for that)
Gaucho Pants (While very comfortable, they make me look like a load. Can't do it.)

5 favorite TV shows
Arrested Development (RIP)

The Office (British and American)
House
Barefoot Contessa
Paula's Home Cooking
(and most other Food Network shows...with the exception of Emeril)

5 greatest joys
My Faith

My Husband
My Son
Feeling my daughter move within me
Friendships

5 favorite toys
Computer (When not in internet-limbo land)
Husband (Not a toy, but lots of fun)
Blocks (Hours of toddler entertainment)
Kitchen Aid Mixer (I bake when I'm bored)
Digital Camera

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Mella,

Interesting answers...I love your lack of superficiality...very refreshing! Also, I guess I missed that you are having a girl...I'm so excited for you! Any name picks yet?!

Blogger Zhoen said...

A meme is a perfectly good waste of an hour.


No one but Audry Hepburn will ever look good in Gaucho pants (thanks, I couldn't remember what those things were called.)

Blogger Mella said...

Susanna Yup! We've settled on Lila Miette (pronounced:Mee-Yet, it means small and sweet) I've got to hop over to your neck of the woods now that I finally have internet access to see if you've met your son or not yet!

Zhoen Leave it to Audrey...no really. Leave them to her...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer