Monday, February 27, 2006
Progress
Something's humming.

It's Monday morning. Not yet ten. The Boss is napping. The cats are outside scattering the yard with pawprints in the snow. Here, inside, it's hushed - like I'm wrapped in a blanket of white noise. The buzzing of the computer. The low growling of the furnace. My own stomach, wondering why I've not yet eaten breakfast.

But the humming I'm listening to isn't from this fuzzy static of life in progress...it's something different. It's not merely the shattering of writer's block and the electric buzzing through my fingertips to the keyboard. No, it's change. Happening.

But slowly.

Things that were once out of reach have become grab-able. The Boss is now a master of tippy-toed stretches that reward him with fistfuls of tissues and empty plastic cups and the guts of Sunday Morning newspapers to shred across the floor.

Things that were at one time inconceivable are now conceived.
She's seeing someone new.

Things that once seemed too daunting to complete, have become doable. My writer's block has proved to be nothing more than a state of severe procrastination. Which is surmountable. I am surmounting.

Things are humming. Moving. Changing.

But slowly.

And it's good.


4 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Sometimes you come up with sentences that just kill me..
"The cats are outside scattering the yard with pawprints in the snow"
I love that.
Congratulations on blasting through the block.
And I hope I can say the same soon. I'm recycling writing at the moment, just to keep the blog from falling over dead.
Good entry, Mella.

Blogger david C said...

Hello there!

Hoping your block comes crumbling down. It is great to be back, though I have not had a lot of time to write, I hope to get to it soon.

Best to the family.

Blogger Neo said...

Mella - Know the feeling, I got sidetracked with the good stuff recently. Hope yours is ending soon. Good luck!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Blogger Zhoen said...

I think I got trapped in too much change, and am just finding my feet after having hit the ground running so often over the past two years.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer