Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Reason #147 Why I Love Him
We're at the grocery store. A place we can sometimes escape to alone, it's become the equivalent to a date. Today we're shopping for guests. We're having company which obviously means, for my husband, that bad food becomes acceptable. Calories, fat, sugars - all irrelevant if consumed in a group setting.

I, on the otherhand, am anal to the core.

Case in point: There's a sale on ground turkey. Not only a sale - but the type of sale that makes us giddy. Oh, it's a BOGO (Buy-one-get-one for those of you who are still hip enough to have a life beyond grocery stores and Payless.) While my husband is preparing to snatch up a couple of packages, I'm inspecting the sale sign. Hmmmm. It appears to only be on the 93% lean meat.

It always is. They never put the 99% lean turkey on sale. I should've known this before I wheeled my carriage over in the first place. It was bound to be a let down.

Come on, Mella. The other 6% of fat is not going to kill you. My husband's pleading eyes bounce between mine and the yellow BOGO sign. His pupils eerily resemble dollar signs.

When I refuse, I brace myself for a rant about how ridiculous I am, passing up a good deal for an insignificant amount of fat (the horror!) But instead, he simply says, I wish you could see yourself how I see you. And pushes the cart down the next aisle.

Me too, Sweetheart. Me too.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Mella - Hmmm, I had turkey for lunch. :)

So you bought it right?

Neo ducks

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Mella ~
I could never think of you as anal.

BUT.... I do wish you could see yourself.... really, see yourself for the beautiful person that you are!

I love the patience your husband showed though. It really was LOVE.

*hugs*

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer