Sunday, December 16, 2007
Holiday Meme

It's late. I'm at work. Something light.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, I do not do the nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Predominately wrapped - unless the gift is too awkward or large.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? First weekend in December-ish

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed Rutabega (or turnip, as my mother refers to it)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Coming down the stairs and acting out miniature songs/skits with my siblings before opening our gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In the car with my mother. I was wearing a denim skirt and cried.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Simply. I grew up with a big-bulbed, brightly colored tree with a LOT of ornaments. Our tree is decked with small white lights and simple silver/gold and wooden ornaments, for the most part.

11. Snow: love it or hate it? Considering that I'm working the overnight shift and might not be able to make it home in the morning, due to an impending Nor'easter - I do not like snow. It's pretty to look at while it's falling, but not good for anything else.

12. Can you ice skate? I have in the past. Though, I don't think I know how to stop.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A pool table, probably.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family

15.What is your favorite holiday dessert? We don't have any traditional desserts. I suppose my grandmother-in-law's Christmas cookies?

16. What tops your tree? A star (so original, I know)

17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. I'm terrible at receiving, I think. I always worry that I'm not making quite the right face - too surprised? Not surprised enough? Happy? Bored?

18. What is your favorite Christmas song? Breath of Heaven, Amy Grant (that and the instrumental version of Sleigh Ride)

19. What is your favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Santa Claus, White Christmas...really too many. I watch Christmas movies all year round.

20. What would be the best gift you could receive this year? Peace. Time with my family. Thankfully, both are free.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer