Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Wherein She Lets Go
This has been me as of late. Just plain tired as all get out. And today, slogging through brownish slush to and from my office today, the weather matches my mood.

Lately, as I've gone to work without showering, gone shopping with a baseball cap over greasy hair and without makeup or even clean pants, I've been pondering where exactly the crossover is from simply being tired to "letting oneself go."

And I think I've come to terms today - that the line in the sand is as simple as this:

Tired = too exhausted to physically bother with the process of presenting oneself.
Letting yourself go = Not caring. Not bothering to present yourself at your best, even when you have the energy to do so.

And I am firmly in the latter - but honestly, and this just solidifies my assertion, I don't care. Pimples? Don't care. Lips pale and in need of gloss? Pshaw. Wearing a sweater inside out and sweatpants with holes in the knees? If I'm actually at home long enough to enjoy dressing down like this - then yes, yes and yes.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

One small thing. Just one. That will help, make you feel just a tad better.

Blogger Novice said...

I agree. Whenever I feel I am letting myself go, I do something like...make sure my bra and panties match. Or brush my hair. Then I don't care if I stink or am wearing ratty sweatpants

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer