Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Darn you debt!
I've once again been forced to sell my soul to "the man" and interviewed this morning for an evening job that will help to recoup the money lost from the dissolution of my last one. The hours will be longer, the money not nearly as good, and the work more, well, work-like. I am not pleased.

Although, there is a slim, very slim, possibility that I might be able to sneak in a few spare moments here and there to sit and write, and this is what will keep me enthusiastic about the position. I long for a quiet place to write.

Speaking of which - Zhoen has challenged me to pound out 50,000 words in 30 days, sort of my own Nanowrimo (dubbed: Melnowrimo)

I accept the challenge - not without my doubts that it can be accomplished, but happy to have a goal. I'll post word counts here periodically, if not daily.

And so...back to the book.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Darkmind said...

Hell, I can pound out 50,000 words in 30 days. Whether or not it is a coherent, continuous story is another thing...

Blogger Zhoen said...

I accept your acceptance of your challenge.

I've managed 2 nanos while working 40hours a week, but not with two kids, so your challenge is steeper.

I'll be rooting for you. Amazing what comes out when you squeeze your mind hard.

Blogger Nova Ren Suma said...

Re: selling your soul, ick. I know how that feels. I'm doing it now too and I hate it.

But, really, you're not at all selling your soul by accepting the Melnowrimo challenge. Yes! I can't wait to see how it goes.

(And by saying that I hope someone does not give me my own challenge because, uh, I'm really not ready.)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer