Sunday, May 13, 2007
Things I did not
I did not write a word this weekend. (Here, there or anywhere.)

I did not shower yesterday. (The Boss doesn't mind if his playmate is unkempt. Most of the time, he doesn't even have pants on himself, so who is he to judge?)

I did not need to raise my voice or put anyone in time out.

I did not get dressed before opening my mother's day cards from my two children (Lila's was only slightly damp from being gnawed on...)

I did not make The Boss go directly back to bed when he woke up at 9:30 last night and wanted to sit and snuggle on the couch for a few minutes.

I did not make fancy dinners or set the table.

I did not run the dishwasher.

I did not give into Mommy-guilt or wife-guilt or aspiring-writer guilt, or I-ate-too-much guilt.

And it felt good - a mother's day gift to myself.


4 Comments:

Blogger Novice said...

Huzzah! Happy Mother's Day!

Blogger dillyweed said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed your guilt-free day!
xoxo

Blogger Zhoen said...

Best kind.

Blogger Susan said...

Your Mom's Day sounds nice. I am all for not giving in to guilt of any kind. Rock on, mama!

Susan at Working Moms Against Guilt

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer