Friday, April 13, 2007
Thinking, Thinking, Thinking...
The incredibly sweet duo of Junie and Skye have nominated my blog as a Thinking Blog.

Considering that my mental (and emotional and physical) state lately feels more like that of a toddler with her shoes on the wrong feet and her pants on her head - I'm quite touched. Now, the only responsibility related to being nominated for such an award is to then go ahead and nominate five other bloggers who inspire you to think about things. At first this seemed like a no-brainer task. Until I started listing off all of the blogs that I regularly either lurk or comment on and I quickly realized that my list would be too long.

But, I'll try.

1. Zhoen is remarkable - incredible writer, fascinating pictures, and, as you may have noticed if you've been reading my blog for a while - she's my source for interesting meme's.

2. Teri may think that her life is chaotic, and I'm sure it is, but her blog is always a rich and interesting read - and she posts amazing pictures (lately of food, which inspires me to want to eat fresh, healthy, fabulous things.) And - she just got the most intricate tattoo on her forearm, worth checking out.

3. Dylan and Co. appears at first to be simply a journal of the author's son - but she often writes very thoughtful, inspired posts that challenge me, as a 'young' woman, a mother and a Christian. And she's just a plain sweet individual.

4. Then, as far from family oriented you can get, there's Darkmind - who writes bizarre, but often amusing and always interesting things on his site.

5. And, of course, the incomparable, LJ. She writes, she beads, she plays with photoshop, then she writes some more. She is one of the first blogs that I began reading regularly, and one of the ones that I still have trouble even commenting on, because her posts just sort of leave me in awe.

Is that five already? Drat. You see, I could go on and on...for more good reads, I direct you to the list of Places to Wander on the left. And if you have any sites you'd like to recommend, please leave a link in the comments. I'm always looking for more interesting, thoughtful places to wander.

Labels: ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

(Shuffles feet, looks down left, hands sweat, shrugs.)

Oh. Um.


Thank you.

Blogger Novice said...

Congrats, Sweetie!

Blogger Teri said...

Thanks for the mention! Your blogs was one of the first I ever read. I can't remember if I found you through LJ or the other way around, but what fantastic influences in my early blogging career.

You are on my fave list, always. And yes -- if I'm ever in the 'hood, I will be calling on you for a blind date! :)

Blogger LJ said...

Thank you, Mella. What a nice compliment.

Blogger dillyweed said...

Mella,
I'm so incredibly flattered (she blushes).
I remember when I stumbled across your blog by hitting the "next blog" icon on the top of my blogger header, and have been visiting your page everyday since. And now I call you a friend. What a blessing.
And thanks for the nomination. I'm overwhelmed with your kind words.
-Briana

Blogger Darkmind said...

I made it into the five?!?!? ME?! Wow! But I can kind of see why you'd put them in this order. If this were a five course meal, it would be served as follows:

1) Soup-substantial on its own, but makes a good starter
2) Salad-a blended mix of good stuff
3) Fish and bread sticks-a nice family entree
4) Nuts-bitter and salty, a real palate cleanser here
5) Desert-arguably, the most important part of any meal

MMM...Delicious! BWA HA HA HA!! Thanks again for the honorable mention.

Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Congrats Mella! You deserve this award and I love your blog and have enjoyed checking out the 5 blogs you nominated!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer