Thursday, February 08, 2007
Wee!
My morning started off wonderfully. Not only did my son manage to sleep soundless through the night, but he played quietly in his room until 9:30, whilst his sister and I snoozed.

And then, I checked my email and had another "Congratulations!" email. Not quite as great as winning the FC competition, but I did place 12th in the 2006 Writer's Digest Short-Short Story competition. 12th out of nearly 10,000 entries - I'll take it. And it's especially nice for my ego, since the story that won is one that got completely torn apart by my fellow students at my last workshop on campus. (Ha ha!)

So, I won a nifty $50 to spend at Writer's Digest (they have actually have a decent selection of books, so I found this morning...) and my story will be published in their
Short-Short Story Competition Collection, which features the top 25 winners. (The link is to last year's collection)

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful House Farms said...

Mella, congatulations! What an honor. You have to feel extra proud considering your fellow students' (obviously wrong!) opinions. :)
When does it come out?
Cara

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer