Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Speaking of Kids...
The house is finally still. Quiet enough that I can hear the wind rustling through the pine tree's and the gentle slosh of the lake as waves lap to the shore. An hour ago, only a small corner of the house was quiet - the cushion on the couch where a four year-old sat pouting over the shape of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich (round, as opposed to square...but I was out of Wonderbread, so hamburger bun's were it. Sorry kid.)

I babysat Summer's daughters today. A four year-old and a toddler only five months older than my son. They're good, fairly easy going kids. But they still poop and snot and pout when things don't go their way. They get sticky fingers and harrass the cat and ask a thousand questions and demand that I count to one hundred (outloud, please) while I put away the blocks. All this to some Disney inspired themesong that's blaring from the television that no child is watching, though they all clamored for me to put the DVD in.


And now I'm feeling like a sack of flour left out in the rain with a pinhole in its rump. Heavy, messy, drained.

But that was just round one. Tonight we're watching my nephew. At least nighttime babysitting involves bedtimes. Glorious bedtime. And to be fair, my little nephew is easy as ice cream on a hot day to love - and almost just as easy to take care of. So, no complaints here. Just exhaustion.

I should probably find a way to mend the hole in my lazy-sack before he shows up.

So tough to do without coffee...

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Philanthropist said...

I am happy to be baby sitting wild animals and not small children...I suppose they could be one in the same.

Blogger Pete Deichmann said...

Hey! Just taking a reading break and stopping to say HI. Hope all is well with the Boss and Boss-to-be.

Weird

Blogger LJ said...

Oh, HAVE coffee. A big latte, a fancy, lovely european coffee. And then, think about school age - and day care - and Mella writing.
Love, it sounds exhausting. And you sound confined...much as you love the boss etc.
Luckily, this stage passes and Mommy gets a little of her other life back.
Right?

Blogger Darkmind said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer