Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Not the Best, But Still...
Since becoming homeowners a few years ago, we have been big fans of thrifty grocery shopping. Always generic brand. Always what's on sale. No more giving into hummus cravings (unless it's on sale, of course.) Lately, as we're looking to buy again, we've become even more strict.

First was the day old bread bin, then came the rack 'o dented cans. And last night, we found ourselves picking through the produce aisle's version of dented cans. I think we actually may have bought these apples for the sticker alone:





6 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Alright.
1. The apples are gorgeous! I wonder what their "best" looks like.
2. Now. Were you not at your parent's place recently - leading me to think you were NOT a homeowner.
I'm a little muddled here!

Blogger Mella said...

LJ~

Yes, we're still at my parents place. We moved here after selling our first home (which is the home I'm referring to, marking the beginning of our uber-frugal grocery shopping) - we're especially frugal now, as we're looking to buy our second home. I completely see why one would be muddled by that in this post though.

Blogger Darkmind said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Chris said...

Mella, would you like a recipe for Hummus, so you can indulge your cravings for about 1/10th the cost of the pre-fab stuff??

Blogger Teri said...

I am way too familiar with the thrifty grocery shopping scene! I am always amazed at the amount of expensive and nutritionally worthless JUNK in the grocery store that people can afford.

Blogger Mella said...

Chris Yes! I would love a good hummus recipe!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer