Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Losing Time
When he naps, I nap. Whether I'm exhausted or not, I put him down then move to my bed to snuggle under covers. I do this because it cuts the day into manageable pieces. Because it's too cold to go for a walk. Because it's April and there's snow on the ground. Because I've run out of good books. Because The Boss has gone from a baby to a boy in the past six months and I can't seem to pin point the moment when the change started to happen - and somehow, sleeping seems to make time stand still.

Unfortunately, all this napping has left less and less time for writing, here or elsewhere. At midnight last night I sat up in bed staring at the blankets as my husband brushed his teeth. I realized that I was dreading the darkness, dreading being left alone with all of the words in my mind that I've been pushing back, stuffing into crevices within my subconscious and ignoring.

I suppose the only remedy is to pick up a pen.


5 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

I hope the pen serves you well. Or the keyboard; whichever you choose. Let those words out Mella. And chin up. I'm hoping for sunny days for you.

Blogger Philanthropist said...

No, no, no, slap yourself to snap that creative energy to life. Go outside and scream, raise your arms overhead and breathe deeply. The world speaks many languages and you are part of its soul when you want something with all your heart. And you want to write with all of your heart. Give us what is in that creative muscle of your.

Blogger TravelingMermaid said...

I think you are in the sleepy, tired first trimester, right? Relax. You will remember the thoughts in your head when you feel like writing agan. Don't push yourself. Creativity cannot be coerced.

Blogger LJ said...

You'll write, Mella. When you're ready.
It never really goes away.

Blogger Darkmind said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer