Thursday, February 14, 2008
Happy Day!
In the past week I have nibbled the dark chocolate off of no less than fifty miniature York Peppermint Patties and then wrapped the white centers back in their silver wrappers and stuffed them in my coat pockets (until I could get home and dispose of them properly...because I was driving in the car while doing this, mind you.)

Apparently, this is what I do when I'm overtired, overworked, stressed and PMS'ing.

Thankfully, I have tonight off of work. My hormonal rage is subsiding and my stress is lowering by the second. Today is a good day. Not just an ordinary sort of sun's out and the sky is clear kind of day - no this is a Who Needs Chocolate? kind of good day. A My Husband Just Got A Good Job, kind of day.

That's right ladies and gentlemen, I'm officially stepping down as bread winner. (And there was much rejoicing...)

Not only is his new job a step up in the hospitality field, but it's about fifteen miles closer to home and no longer in another state (that has been stealing pieces of his paycheck for the past three years, even though we haven't lived there...)

All around, today is something to smile about.

In fact. It's something to pack up and finish your work day early about. So that's what I'm going to do.

Go home. Shower my loved ones with love and just be happy.

It's been while.

Labels: , , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Yippppeeee!

Blogger Novice said...

Praise the Lord for regular nights and more time with kids and a happier family! Love made the boo boo go away!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!! Oh I'm so happy for you guys Mella!! Congrats to your hubby!

Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

What joy! Does this mean the book signing is back on schedule? :) So happy for you.

Peace

Blogger Skye said...

Fantastic, Mella!! Wonderful news... now please wish the same for my husband!

Blogger dillyweed said...

Mella,
Oh, happy day! I know this has been stressful...
xoxox!
-Briana

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer