Thursday, March 15, 2007
Belly-Roll
It seems that while I've been busy attempting to wrestle my muse into submission, a few brave souls have been inspired to lift their shirts and snap some photos. In fact, thanks to Zhoen, who bared her kitty-tattoed tummy after reading me talk about pinching belly fat - it appears as though we've started a little belly roll of women willing to bare their mid-drifts and write about whatever is inspired by the photo.

Care to join these courageous ladies over at
Hoarded Ordinaries and 3rd House Journal? Leave a comment with a link to your belly-roll post.

But even if you don't want to bare all, I do urge you to at least go and check out their insightful, entertaining, interesting posts (especially Zhoen's, because, really, who can resist a kitty-tattoo?)

Labels:



8 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

Those are some brave women out there. I'm impressed. I briefly thought about posting a pic of my own, but then thoughts of who may look at it rallied in my head and I chickened out quickly.
It's always a gamble.
But I do appreciate the other women who did bear their belly-rolls and I'm proud of them for doing as such.

Blogger Novice said...

I wish I had the confidence, but even I don't want to look at my paunch right now.

Maybe later. After I've been doing pilates for a while.

Blogger Mella said...

Dillyweed, I can understand the hesitation. I thought and then rethought posting mine as well (even after it was posted)

Oh, Novice, I don't think it's physically possible for your slender frame to even have a "paunch"...but even if it did (or does) - the point is, it's yours and it's wonderful.

Oh man. I just sounded like some lovey-dovey preschool teacher telling children how special and wonderful they all are...

Blogger Novice said...

First of all, thank you, Sweetie.

Second of all, after posting that comment I linked to those other tummies and here is the result!

http://noviceiswriting.blogspot.com/2007/03/belly-roll.html

Power to the paunch! YEAH!

Blogger Darkmind said...

You know, I jumped on this bandwagon not too long after Zhoen did. I made sure to give everyone a close up view of my belly! BWA HA HA HA!!!

http://retiredvillain.blogspot.com/2007/03/show-us-your-belly.html

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! thanks for stopping by and for buying a book! if you like it spread the word!

i must check out the bellies...mine is 42 years old and has outlasted four pregnancies. i might win some sort of award if i joined your belly patrol.

Blogger Zhoen said...

Well, I know I can't resist kitty tattoos.

What can I say, you are inspiring.
(And respiring.)

Blogger aliceb said...

Visited you from my bud Stacy's blog. Loved reading your Romania blogs -- spent time in Bucovina and only heard about the glories of Sighisoara. I'll stop by again to enjoy your writing!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer