Monday, March 05, 2007
Monday Meme
Lazy post, thanks to Zhoen and Darkmind. I actually filled this out over the weekend, but didn't bother to post it until now. (Turns out that I was chilly, as indicated in number 17, because we ran out of oil for our furnace sometime early on Saturday and by that evening the house was beginning to get, well, chilled. I spent the rest of my weekend running the pellet stove, bundling small children in blankets and boiling water on the stovetop for heat...)

1. Do you like cheese? Not particularly. My husband, however, could be called a fiend.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Never smoked anything, nor used any drugs.

3. Do you own a gun? I do not, though my father did give give me mace as a stocking stuffer once.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Only if a scale is involved. How sad is that? Poke me? Prod me where? Draw blood? Whatever...just don't you dare try to weigh me.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I only eat fish and some poultry - and I don't really care for chicken or turkey hot dogs. (And I don't imagine I'd care for fish-dogs much either...)

7. What's your favourite Christmas song? I heart all thing Christmas. I sing Christmas carols in July. For the purpose of this question though, I'll say Carol of the Bells.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee. Black coffee. Splenda if you have it.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes, but not well. I don't care for them.

10. Is your bathroom clean? Pretty clean...though it could always use a quick wipe-down before company comes over.

11. What's your favourite piece of jewellery? My wedding/engagement ring(s). I wish I still had my butterfly ring...

Where's 12? Wasn't my turn to keep watch.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? A bottle of pheramone enhanced perfume I bought from a scientist that I found in an ad in the back of a magazine. What a bizarre question.

14. Do you have friends? More than I deserve, considering my lax phone skills.

15. Do you miss someone? Many friends, distanced by both time and miles.

16. Middle Name? Theresa. Eh. It's ok. I'm not wild about my first name either.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I am chilly.
I hate being alone (Husband is away on a retreat with men from our church)
I wonder if I should get something to help facilitate the healing of the mark on my nose.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Water - lots. Coffee - more than I should. Diet Gingerale - less than usual lately.

20. Current worry?: Will I be able to fall asleep alone?

21. Current hate? I don't hate. I get annoyed or let down or angered, but I don't generally reach a level of 'hate' - wait...now that I said that, it's not true. I have a hard time not hating people who harm children, in any way.

22. Favourite place to be? Anywhere with my husband. He makes me laugh, and I like that.

23. How did you bring in the New Year? Huddled beneath a blanket in front of our pellet stove with both of our children wrapped in our arms - fending off the FREEZING cold. We had been away for a few days and someone turned the heat off while we were gone. And so, we arrived home at 11 pm on New Years Eve, with two fevered and quite ill children, and no warm place to lay them down.

24. Where would you like to go? On a cruise someplace sunny and warm - miles and miles away from brown slush and March (or as LJ so affectionately referred to it last year - Farch)

27. Do you own slippers? I don't. But my feet are chilly tonight and I wish I did.

28. What shirt are you wearing? Hideous blue sweater that dips into a V-neck, in the front and back.

29. Do you burn or tan? Both. First burn, then tan - but only enough to look a little warmer than ivory. And my freckles pop out like mad across the bridge of my nose.

30. Favourite colour? Sage or indigo, depends on my mood.

31. Would you be a pirate? Yar. Actually, no. I'd imagine that the bathroom situation on board a pirate ship wouldn't be very pleasant, especially for a lady. I like a comfortable bathroom.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Ugh. Lately it's kids songs. Under A Shady Tree by Laurie Berkner this morning.

35. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Husband.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? Nothing special. No designs or anything that I can remember. Maybe once...maybe some Smurf ones from my grandmother? I can't recall exactly.

38. Worst injury you've ever had? In Romania, I went to check the mail at my apartment and didn't realize that someone had opened a hatch on the floor in front of the boxes. I fell down into it and twisted my ankle pretty badly - it swelled like I'd shoved a softball beneath the skin. A black softball.

39. What is your biggest pet peeve? You know, I just had one the other day - and I thought, man, if someone asks me what my biggest pet peeve is, this is it --- but apparently it wasn't that big of a deal, as I've already forgotten about it.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two.

41. Who is your loudest friend? This is tough. I was a Communication Arts undergrad - I have loud, artistic friends. Probably the artist, still in school and getting married this year.

42. Who is your most silent friend? I don't have silent friends. Or even remotely quiet ones.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? Vin does. And it's pretty sweet. (You have my permission to gag and roll your eyes now...)

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? Not on shooting ones, just on any 'ol star we could see from the bedroom. I also have a vague recollection of leaving cornflakes out for someone to collect in return for granting a wish - I was a strange child. Or, I might have dreamt that up.

45. What is your favourite book? I honestly don't have a favorite, especially not now. My brain is absolutely clogged with so much fiction (reading for school) that I can't even figure out what's what anymore.

46. What is your favourite sweet? Lately - Cool Whip Free, frozen and eaten like ice cream. Historically? Ice cream.

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? We were announced as husband and wife, flowers a-wavin' to the tune of Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down, then danced to And So It Goes by Billy Joel. We love us some Billy.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Livin' on a Prayer, baby. Kidding, kidding. I don't have an answer for this. Depending on when I die, and who of my family is still alive, I'd love for my sister to sing. She has a phenomenal voice. Though, I don't know if she'd be able to do that - much like I don't think I'd be able to stand up and speak at the funeral of she or my brother if either of them were to die tomorrow.

49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Climbing into bed? Can't remember. Maybe giving Lila one last bottle.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I can't remember exactly. Probably something to do with the baby or The Boss - whoever was making the noise that stirred me from slumber.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Darkmind said...

YAR!! Me thinks ye were considerin' a life o' pillage and plunder, even if ye be a'feared to say it be so! But ye admit yer dreams o' cruisin' the Caribbean! YAR!

Blogger Teri said...

I now count you as family for your Billy Joel appreciation. I find so few people these days who recognize his excellence.

Actually, I can't believe I left him out of my "I Am From..." piece.

My all time fave is Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.

Blogger Zhoen said...

How about sage and indigo plaid?

Blogger Mella said...

Avast, ye found me out Darkmind. It be the heart of a pirate that beats in me bones...

Teri Oh, Billy and I go way back too. His Greatest Hits CD's are probably some of the only ones that my parents have ever purchased, to this date. And, when my husband and I were first dating, Billy was our man - it seemed only fitting to have him at the wedding. You just can't go wrong with a little Downeaster Alexa or She's Always a Woman...or...well, just about any of 'em.

Zhoen Interesting...it would be like seeing a self-portrait in a way. Indigo, the brooding artist in me - and Sage, the day-to-day woman, trying to find the calm in the midst of deadlines and diaper duty.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer