Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Closed
It's done. Nearly two months after we first laid eyes on it, we own it.

It was a long, l-o-n-g day with lots of driving, lots of paperwork and several moments of temporary insanity between my husband and I. The Boss endured it all with us, in and out of his carseat all day long, a wet pair of shorts, and an empty cup of juice all before lunchtime. He's a trooper.

To see his face light up as he ran between the rooms of the house made it all worth it. He looked right at home, grinning and running laps around the realtor's legs - it was all the confirmation I needed that this is where we should be. Home.

And tonight, my head hurts.

Now to focus on packing/organizing/and moving this weekend...

Next week: Writing.

Labels:



10 Comments:

Blogger writingblind said...

Congratulations, that must be such a good feeling.

Blogger spyder said...

I am so happy for you! All good wishes for a great life in your new home :)

Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Mella!

I'm so glad I can leave a comment...the last few times I've tried it hasn't worked for some reason! Anyways, so excited about your new house...a little jealous too! Sound great! Hope you're doing alright and by the way, I don't know if you've thought about getting a pregnancy ticker for your blog but I went onto lilypie and found two really cute ones for both my blogs...you should check them out! It's a fun way to track the days and others can see how long you have left each day as well! Or, maybe you'd rather not ahve to be reminded how much time is left all the time!;)

Blogger LJ said...

Applause. BIG breath now! I'm glad it's gone through and you'll be settled in soon, Mella.

Blogger david C said...

congrats, it is always nice to get into your own place. Now, painting and renovations... Oh my.

All the best from our end.

Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

I never had a doubt. Good things DO happen yo good people.

Blogger Teri said...

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats!!

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Great news, Mella! :)

Junie Rose

Blogger Inkslinger said...

So happy for you! Congratulations and best wishes . . .

Blogger Zhoen said...

Moving sucks.

All worth it if you find home.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer