Friday, January 13, 2006
Us
Your hand first held my thigh. Slid the length of my leg and rested just above the knee, before our fingers met and palms pressed. A backward introduction - legs before hands.

We were in a packed little room with a small flickering television; friends crumpled together on couches and sprawled across the floor. But we might as well have been alone, up on our couch, our bodies hidden beneath the soft warmth of a flannel blanket.

My fingertips traced the curves of your knuckles and the length of your fingers. I felt the gentle weight of your hard-skinned palm. Your hand cupped mine delicately as though I was porcelain and as fragile as the moment - the beginning of us.

Labels: ,



9 Comments:

Blogger Philanthropist said...

I am the touch, the movement, the warmth hidden beneath the blanket. I am the curves that encourage your fingertips, and I am the moment you have experienced - I am now.

Blogger Pete Deichmann said...

Talk about a crisp and vivid moment! Great piece!

Some things in life are very different, but so many have points of life in common.

Weird

P.S. Thank you for the link. It means a lot!

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mella,

With this little piece of writing you certainly have captured the 'Feel' of youth and first Love! (or attraction!) :)

I LOVED it! You made me feel 16 again!

Junie

http://journals.aol.com/juniper5541/JunipersWorld/

Blogger Laura said...

Hey great blog, i love the theme

Blogger TravelingMermaid said...

This entry is more than words - it's awareness, electricity, security, anticipation......all the good things about love.

amazing subtle peice of writing .. damn neat :)

Blogger david C said...

Nice tribute to the start of something beautiful.

Blogger D. Shaw said...

Very nice writing. I enjoy your blog very much.

Blogger Blogger said...

It was a nice little qwerp but I think I would remember holding her hand.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer