Monday, October 31, 2005
Confessions from a Wasted Weekend
This past weekend, my husband was away on a retreat and the boss was away on business (monkey business, of course.) This left me to a Saturday by myself. And I accomplished nothing. No writing. No schoolwork. No working out. No cleaning. No laundry. Nothing.

I slept until eleven. I picked at some toast to help settle my stomach when I took my horse-pill vitamin; but I didn't even bother to eat a full meal until dinner.

In fact, if I hadn't had a wedding to go to that evening, I probably wouldn’t have even dragged myself into the shower.

After the wedding I came home to an empty (messy) bedroom.

And I slept with a nightlight on (wishing I wasn’t alone)

But, I have no regrets.

It's been a long time since I've had the luxury of wasting a weekend.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Have you ever asked yourself WHY we consider a little navel gazing time unproductive? What are we? Machines?
A friend once did me a huge favor when I was moaning about a total lack of ambition...she said, "you're laying fallow." And she added that it was a necessary cycle for growth.
So. Good on yah, Mella!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer