Friday, August 08, 2008
More Summer Scenes
My husband's interview today was an hour or so north of our house, in the midst of the lakes region, where I spent my summer vacations growing up.

We made a family day of it. It was nostalgic and amazing to be there now with little ones of my own...






And then we came home.

Though the interview went beyond well, they can't afford to pay my husband what he needs to be making, so we're going to be moving north just yet. And I'm left with this sinking pit in my stomach that tells me change is coming very soon...and I'm anxious to know what it is.

I'm seeking upheaval, perhaps in the same way a child might sneak for peeks of his or her Christmas presents before Christmas morning - I'm job and house hunting in random cities and places, far, far away. I'm day dreaming about packing and moving, or about accomplishing anything, or getting notice (finally) from any of the number of places holding my work at the moment.

Lately, it seems I'm uneasy and fraying at the edges. But, today I was whole and focused on only the present and it felt, well, good.



3 Comments:

Blogger Novice said...

The Boss has a fresh haircut! He's a Dapper Man.

Blogger Mella said...

Yup, that was a family effort the other night. He was none to pleased with the process of sitting on a kitchen chair and getting buzzed and trimmed, but I think he must feel good to not have that sweaty mop on his head anymore...

Blogger phx said...

seeking upheaval. me too. every few years i crave a move, which is a crazy thing to still be wanting, now that we are owers (i left out the N by accident, but realized it may just be a more fitting title!) and not renters anymore.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer