Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Distraction
Things I know about the novel I'm working on (and I use the term 'working' very loosely, as I am currently battling with a thousand distractions, not the least of which is self-doubt.):

It will involve Food and television.
It will be in the first person
There will be no mention of space aliens or science fiction
It will not involve the paranormal
There will be quirky romance
The main character will not be a young mother of two
She will not be a super heroine,
But she will be quite diggable.

Things that are currently distracting me from utilizing my nap-time wisely:

Scramble (darn you Facebook and your applications and Scramble with your neat little 3 minute games that make you feel like you are only clicking for just a few moments...and then the next thing you know an hour - or two- has passed and you can't see straight anymore and you've wasted what precious brain power you had left on finding the word "fingered" on a virtual boggle board...)

Thoughts of relocation. My husband is going for an interview on Friday at a resort sixty miles north...which, with gas prices as they are, would most certainly require moving.

Worry - which is a complete waste of mental energy and I will stop this. I will.

Exercise - thinking of getting back on the treadmill, deciding instead to sit, then feeling antsy and thinking I should just do another mile or two first...then don't. But still think about it.

The chili I had on my egg white omelet for breakfast. So yummy, but now tearing through my digestive track like a...well. It's bad.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The novel you're "working" on (or whatever you want to call it) has me so very curious.

You had me at first person :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer