Friday, September 23, 2005
New Job
Yesterday was my last day of work, or should I say, my last day of paid work.

My new job description seems easy enough:

Must love babies. Must feed & bathe and change as many diapers as are required per day. Must be aware of every possible hazard within the bosses reach. Must entertain and cuddle when desired. Must know when to put down for naps.

This is my new boss:

Don't be fooled by his sweet grin (or his inability to work a spoon by himself...) He is a slave-driver. He clicked his tongue at me as I tried to read through the thirty-page packet I received in the mail from my professor. And he squealed at me as I attempted to get some writing done this morning... the only way to appease him was to get down on my knees and chase him until he dropped.

Literally.

I chased him around the living room until my knees were sore and raw and he was rubbing his eyes and reaching for a blanket to bury his sleepy face in.

Writing will have to wait 'till naptime.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger The Syvertsens said...

I am not sure how I found it, but I love your blog. I can relate to so much of it. I have a 10-month old son, and I live in the Czech Republic (not Romania, but close). I am an American (slightly older than you) who toiled mindlessly for Corporate America, left her job to be a Mommy, etc...I will keep reading. I have a blog, too, though I am ashamed it is not as well written as yours, even though I once thought I'd be a writer (syves.blogspot.com). Keep up the great writing and insight. You have a gift.

Blogger Neo said...

Mella - Looks like ya found a new customer. :p

Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Well Mella...it's hard to say that he is not pretty darn cute but I know enough about babysitting to know that little terrors can deceive behind cute smiles(= Looking after him should give you some interesting things to write about though!!! By the way, thanks so much for your advice on my last post(the letter). I'm working on putting it into an article right now and your tips are very helpful.

Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Mella,

I didn't realize that was your son for some reason! So I guess this is not just a baby sitting job for you!! He is so, so cute...how do you do school and motherhood at the same time?! Hats off to you!!!

Blogger Seemantini said...

a boss u report to 24 hours a day and night?

Blogger Seemantini said...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer